Re: Theme killed games
- From: Cliffy <crinear@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 12:45:14 -0800
Kyle T in SoCal wrote:
On Feb 7, 7:02 am, "Mombo#5" <fredme...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:What game has the best -game play- but sells for less being the theme
is thought to be lame? I have a couple in mind but am wondering what
an RGP poll would bring. Conversely under seperate post...
Congo, Judge Dredd, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein and Last Action Hero
come to mind.
I have to respectfully disagree, at least in the case of Dredd. Whether one "likes" the theme or not it cannot be denied that the theme and game play tie perfectly together in Dredd. John Trudeau obviously spent a great deal of time with the comic book which it is based on. HE IS THE LAW! :) I doubt many people think Judge Dredd to be a lame theme. Rather, they simply have little connection to it. IMHO, of course :)
Cliffy - CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors
- Prev by Date: Re: Tech EM Problem With Ball Count Unit on My Williams Gulfstream
- Next by Date: Re: EM Tech - Help For Gottlieb '75 Top Score (300) - Playfield dead and tilt light always on
- Previous by thread: Re: Theme killed games
- Next by thread: Re: Theme killed games