Re: Squawk & Talk Issues. . .
- From: dothedoo <bill.stahly@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:07:12 -0800 (PST)
I just installed a cap kit on my friend's Eight Ball Champ S&T board.
Before the kit it would play the background sounds occasionally --
sometimes for a whole ball, sometimes only a few seconds. It would
not speak at all during game play. Occasionally during self-test it
would speak one phrase.
After installation it started playing chimes for all the feature
sounds. This is what it should have played all along as the nicad on
the MPU was dead and the sound register was always set for chimes upon
power up. After setting the register to sound and speech it worked
perfectly. Interesting that bad caps would cause the board to
malfunction in that manner.
Also, the EBC manual has an error in the sound settings. The register
list at the beginning of is correct. The sounds are set in register
27, not 28 as described later in the manual.
- Prev by Date: Re: %&*##$ System 11 shopping
- Next by Date: TBK (Ron) Great guy alert!
- Previous by thread: Re: Squawk & Talk Issues. . .
- Next by thread: WTB Spiderman Black in New England area