Craigslist, Flagging, Overpost, Spam - How much is too much?

The recent discussion on Flagging on Craigslist raises a few questions
in my mind. Clearly, you shouldn't flag someone if the only reason is
that you are a competitor. But, as far as overpost etc. goes, how
much is too much? Is it OK to post the same for sale 1x/ week? How
about 2x? Should you be able to post in 2 cities if you live half way
between them?

I, for one look at Craigslist a lot and really get sick of seeing the
same pinball wanted ads. Especially the Ohio ones "I need a pinball
for my kid, grandchild, I can't afford a Christmas and need a pinball"
Blah, Blah, Blah. Especially when it is in 3 cities. Also the guy
who posts the same 4 tired machines for sale 2x per week. It really
gets old.

Finally, how DOES the flagging work? Does one pull it off? or do you
need 4-5 flags before it goes? Anybody know?

  • Re: Craigslist, Flagging, Overpost, Spam - How much is too much?
    ... Flag away if it will bring you joy - and it's totally anonymous so ... same pinball wanted ads. ... Blah, Blah, Blah. ...  Especially when it is in 3 cities. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: MINNESOTA CRAIGSLIST EXP./FLAGGING MANIPULATION (LONG READ)
    ... I use CL occasionally to post repair services and WTB etc posts. ... to solely depend on CL for my business I will shut the doors. ... A couple people have made suggestions that I have been Flagging ... Flag and with enough people can manipulate CL. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Why all the Craigslist police in SE Michigan
    ... Michigan feels the need to flag each and every pinball post? ... flag it if they think the selling price is to high so ... Folks something is worth what a a willing buyer will pay a willing ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Very Strange Reply to Pinball Ad
    ... Actually according to the terms of Craig's List businesses may not post anywhere but in the 'services' section.You may flag anyone that breaks this rule with a 'prohibited' or 'off-section' flag. ... Note that flagging a posting does not identify you, it simply pops up a "Thank You for flagging" note. ... Call 872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Why all the Craigslist police in SE Michigan
    ... I know there are those that think that anyone who places a wanted to buy ad is just trying to steal a game but I'm also certain that there are sellers that don't want to deal with the folks that reply to their for sale ads and then don't show up, low-ball them, or flag off their ads if they're selling at a good price. ... Michigan feels the need to flag each and every pinball post? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)