Re: Arcadechips gone bad don't buy from em(IMHO)

On 1 Mar, 21:05, ba...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 1 Mar, 13:00, erickitr...@xxxxxxx wrote:

On Mar 1, 12:35 am, poibug <poi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 20 Feb, 19:27, Vinny Pin <gabooz...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I also ordered some hard to find chips late last November from Mark,
and had a similar experience. Never got the chips, contacted Mark,
got a reply.. said he would resend them. Then didn't see them after
asking for delivery confirmation, so I told him that while I didn't
want to, that I'd have to open up a Pay Pal dispute (Pay pal only
gives a 45 day window, after which, you're S.O.L.) He said he
understood, but that the chips were being sent, along with extras.
They did arrive several weeks later, (all tolled about 2 months) Not
sure what's really keeping Mark from staying on top of orders, I've
ordered in the past, and hadn't had a problem til this last order.
He did seem apologetic, and understanding, and did in my book make it
right. I hope he comes through for others still waiting.

Vinny

Further on from this it seems others have been ripped off too

<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.games.video.arcade.collecting/
browse_thread/thread/4951ef8b9474a72a/d84f43feab806d28?
hl=en&q=arcade&lnk=ol&>

Very sad.I have had an email from paypal saying"We have decided in
your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User
Agreement,
recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be
guaranteed."

So I may well be down 70 bucks
May be worth contacting consumer pages of the press.IF they pick up on
it,it may make him some thru in the end?

chris

Another satisfied Paypal customer. >:(
Sorry to hear you got burned Chris, I'm sure Paypal got their cut and
after all that's all that really matters.

Eric

yeah.....i got it to:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any
funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the
future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to
take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot
discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and
that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Yeah especially like the " it assures you that you are safe using
PayPal."

Safe....but out of pocket!
Bugger.
Oh well,before I order are big daddy safe/relaible/trustworthy?
I'm sure they are but you know what they say once bitten...

poibug

  • Re: Arcadechips delivered/replied yet?
    ... funds from the seller's account. ... We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any ... of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Arcadechips gone bad dont buy from em(IMHO)
    ... Never got the chips, contacted Mark, ... funds from the seller's account. ... of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • PayPal
    ... We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any ... recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot ... become available in the seller's account in the future. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Bad Trader: Saleem Althaf
    ... When he knew I had not received the memory he could have sent a replacement or refunded me instead he cleared his account so Paypal could not return my payment. ... ' We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any ... recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: PayPal
    ... we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer ... > We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any ... > funds from the seller's account. ... > become available in the seller's account in the future. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)