Re: How to test a bridge rectifier?

years ago, like in the 80's, I heard bridge recs used to cost over $10 or
some ridiculous figure like that. This was pre.........historic.......I
mean eh, pre internet. I was in high school.

--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

<chibler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On at least two occasions, I've had bridges test good via the methods
> outlined here, that ended up being bad. They are cheap. Ditto Mario.
> Replace them.
>
> BTW...straight from one of Clays guides at:
> http://www.marvin3m.com/sys80/index1.htm#power
>
> Testing a Bridge Rectifier.
> To test a bridge rectifier, do this:
>
> Put the DMM on diode setting.
> Put the black lead of the DMM on the "+" (positive) terminal of the
> bridge.
> Put the red lead of the DMM on either AC bridge terminal. Between .4
> and .6 volts should be seen. Switch the red DMM lead to the other AC
> bridge terminal, and again .4 to .6 volts should be seen.
> Put the red lead of the DMM on the "-" (negative) terminal of the
> bridge.
> Put the black lead of the DMM on either AC bridge terminal. Between .4
> and .6 volts should be seen. Switch the black DMM lead to the other AC
> bridge terminal, and again .4 to .6 volts should be seen.
> --
> Chris Hibler

  • Re: TECH World Cup Soccer 94 F111 Fuse Blows
    ... Testing a Bridge, Under Minor Load, In the Game. ... This procedure requires a DMM, ... clip one end of an alligator test wire on the ... and set it to DC Volts. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: TECH World Cup Soccer 94 F111 Fuse Blows
    ... A bridge has four terminals: two AC terminals, ... Put the DMM on diode setting. ... Between .4 and .6 volts should be seen. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: How to test a bridge rectifier?
    ... I've had bridges test good via the methods ... Testing a Bridge Rectifier. ... Put the DMM on diode setting. ... and again .4 to .6 volts should be seen. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: How to test a bridge rectifier?
    ... See you at Allentown Pinball Wizards Convention 2006 ... and thought I knew how to test a bridge rectifier. ... >actions point to it being bad, but my DMM testing shows it as good. ... > For the cost of a bridge rectifier I will likely just replace it, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: test bridge rectifier on board
    ... you have to find the "+" leg on the bridge. ... BLACK dmm lead on either AC bridge leg. ... should get .4 to .6 volts. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)