Re: For Sale -- new pair Go Seigen style bowls, $40

Well Roy, you were very close to the truth. Here's the answer, directly

from Janice Kim at Samarkand. I had no idea she invented these terms.

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:36:40 -0600
From: "Janice Kim" <jkim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Anton Ninno" <antonninno@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Origin of Go Seigen & Kitani style bowls?

Dear Anton,

Actually, I named them the Go Seigen and the Kitani bowls because
I wanted to have an easy way of distinguishing between them. The
bowls that I think are more Chinese-style because of their wider,
flatter
shape I called the Go Seigen bowls since he is from China, and the
Japanese-style taller shape I called the Kitani since Kitani is from
Japan.
It was a little unexpected that others would start calling them that
also!
It's getting hard to find the Chinese-style bowls any longer, but if we
find
a new supplier the "Go Seigen" bowls will make a comeback on the
Samarkand site.

Best,
Janice

.