Re: The Lord takes another ruinous heathen: D&D creator passes away

Some Guy wrote:
Terry Austin wrote:

At least I know what Christianity actually claims. At least I know
why I reject it. You don't know your ass form a hole in the ground.

Just out of curiousity, why do you reject it?

Obviously I'm not Terry, but . . .

I personally reject Christianity - and have since I was eleven - because,
leaving aside the question of the existence of God and the origin of the
universe and so forth, I've never seen any reason to believe that people do
bad things because we are fallen, because we are sinful, because we need to
be "saved" and are not.

It's one of the main reasons why I've also never cared for "The Lord of the
Rings"; the whole narrative is informed by Christian thought on the fallen
condition of the world, the inevitable descent from a Golden Age to Hell,
and I just think that's so much bullshit.

I'm not claiming the opposite, that the world always gets better. I see no
reason to believe that we're moving in any particular direction at all. If
anything, perhaps I believe in a general equilibrium, but that's only based
on my best guess from observing the world.

--
Christopher Adams
Sydney, Australia

For theirs is the power and this is their kingdom
As sure as the sun does burn
So enter this path, but heed these four words:
You shall never return

  • Re: On Europes Crisis of Culture
    ... Christianity was noted by cultural marxism in it's new manifesto as designed ... attributed this largely to Christian roots, ... the world at large...and how Europe and America and Western Civilization is ... culture of a reason that, finally, has complete awareness of itself, to ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Justification
    ... performing when they seek to justify and defend Christianity". ... to justify or defend Christianity is *in itself* evidence of botching; ... in order to defend their beliefs. ... We can't see what the reason ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Justification
    ... Christianity by the botches of its incompetent defenders. ... omnipotence (can God create a rock too heavy for him to lift?) and can ... the reason is, but that does not mean there isn't a reason (or ... faith that it is so. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Reason and eloquence
    ... It opened my mind, Chris, when I read how they were discovered. ... mean a major change in something, when a true quantum leap is the ... mainly for the reason given above. ... I had about trampolining out of a black hole in my earlier explanation ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Justification
    ... performing when they seek to justify and defend Christianity". ... justifying an idea with which many people disagree - is often botched ... Does that not presuppose that not having an obvious reason is ... something very wrong with that way of arriving at one's beliefs. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)