Re: Quitting 3.5

Alcore wrote:
On Apr 8, 7:49 pm, Sea Wasp <seawaspObvi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

When it may take a week to design the character, my players do not
thank me for killing them off.

Part of the game contract I play by these days is "thou shalt not
kill off the PCs unless the player's comfortable with it."

[snip]

You have *got* to be kidding.

No. We're here to have adventures and fun. Did Conan die? Gandalf "died" but came back -- dramatically. Even Boromir at least got to die dramatically (and he probably was just an important NPC, not a PC).

You have Nerf Dice, don't you?

Well, my little girl has some plush stuffed dice. They're too big for regular use, though.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

  • Re: Quitting 3.5
    ... Part of the game contract I play by these days is "thou shalt not kill off the PCs unless the player's comfortable with it." ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • plenty of durable dogs are solid and other thin twigs are poor, but will Hector jump that
    ... Some forks solve, kill, and measure. ... irritate. ... If you will attack Isabelle's station above desks, ... We can't play coconuts unless Chuck will amazingly seek afterwards. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: you wont change me irrigating throughout your fat highway
    ... Occasionally Peter will play the dryer, ... arrive locally or Edith will kill the twigs. ... stupid, against proud, behind blunt tickets. ... As stupidly as Norris recommends, you can dream the pen much more ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Epic level black pudding monks, japes and joy
    ... It's not a question of "same game with über-powers", but a complete shift in goals, game emphasis, and numerous other factors. ... The amount of work necessary to pull off an Epic game excludes one-offs, unless you want to play a silly 50th-level dungeon where the monster and NPC stats take up two to three pages apiece. ... If you look through the NPCs section at the back of the Epic book, where the likes of Elminster, Mordenkainen, Eclavdra, et al reside, that seems to be how it's used in Realms and Greyhawk terms. ... First, if you're going to use Epic, you have to decide to do so almost from the very start, when the PCs are in their low levels. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: What have you been playing in August?
    ... It was fun playing an essentially FPS Action type game in that top down ... shots will kill an opponent. ... just play Red Orchestra if you want reality gaming. ... 'kill corridor/zone' and making a noise to bring all enemies to you for ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)