Re: Spelling Bees

Ophidian wrote:

Paulon wrote:

*fries it in batter with chips*

Didn't someone here claim they had a voice synthesis program that
pronounced it correctly?

This was like 8 years ago so maybe no one will remember :-O

Unless it was me, of course. I discovered that in about 1990. Speech!
on the BBC micro did it. The interesting thing was that it had a slightly
different pronunciation to 'fish'. One of them was higher pitched.

I also tried it on every other speech synthesiser I've used since, and there
was only one I've ever come across that pronounced it 'gotti'. And I can't
remember what it was now.

JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@xxxxxxxxx
Anti-walkthroughs for Deus Ex, Thief and Ultima
Reign of the Just - An Ultima clone
The DMFA radio series project
d+++ e+ N+ T++ Om U1234!56!7'!S'!8!9!KAW u++ uC+++ uF+++ uG---- uLB----