Re: Bridge Composer

"Pete Holsberg" <pjh42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:67ea021c-7e24-4297-9d7e-5fefd29f2fd8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jul 7, 3:37 pm, Bud H <budh9...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 7, 1:46 pm, Pete Holsberg <pj...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just discovered BridgeComposer but need instructions on using it to
produce results.

I start with a PBN file, an ACBLscore game file and a PDF hand record.
How do I proceed?

Thanks.

What specifically are you striving to do? What do you mean when you
say you want to "produce results"?

Bud H

Here's an example:
http://clubresults.acbl.org/Results/205591/2010/07/100701A.HTM

Creating and uploading game results using ACBLscore for Windows

when using hand records for all sections

1. With a game loaded in ACBLscore for Windows (in format YYMMDD and
session M, A, or E) and with all scores entered and verified for all
sections, click Reports in the top menu bar.

2. Choose Recap/Press>Screen/File

3. Choose 3 Text File and click OK.

4. Keep the default file name YYMMDDs.TXT as the file to be saved into
folder C:\ACBLSCORE\GAMEFILE. (s=session, either Morning, Afternoon, or
Evening)

5. Choose 10 List + Recap (traveler format) and click OK

6. Allow default character width - click OK

7. Choose 2 By rank, and then click OK to create the file YYMMDDs.HTM

8. IF you have two sections both playing the same hands, THEN switch to the
other section and repeat the steps above, and when it asks to append or
overwrite to the text file, choose 1 Append.

9. Log into http://clubresults.acbl.org/manager/index.php using username
(your club number) and password (whatever your password is for your club),
select the date of the game, and then select the session (morning,
afternoon, or evening).

10. Under Files to Upload choose ACBL Score File and Hand Record File and
select both the YYMMDDs.TXT file and the hand record file (normally
YYMMDDs.PBN), then click Submit to upload the files to the ACBL club game
results website.

11. To check that the upload occurred correctly, go to the SBBC section of
the ACBL club results home page (http://clubresults.acbl.org/). Go to the
proper month, and the game result link should be visible for the proper date
and session time. (Note: since you uploading hand records, the game
results should appear on the ACBL website after about ten minutes.)

  • Re: ACBLmerge or other similar program for clubs to upload hand records with game results
    ... the boards and would like to post both game results and hand records on the ... our club uploads a very simple single html file for game results ... extra files to support the hand records in the future. ... ACBL is starting to host their free club results upload, ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: ACBLmerge or other similar program for clubs to upload hand records with game results
    ... we will use it once a week on Monday afternoons when we have both an open game of about 14 tables and a 199er novice game of about 7 tables which will play the same hands. ... At present, our club uploads a very simple single html file for game results using www.bridgescore.com, which I don't think will allow us to upload extra files to support the hand records in the future. ... Put a shortcut to this script on the desktop, and the process ought to run itself; my club has done something similar but using our own server rather than BridgeScore. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: ACBLmerge or other similar program for clubs to upload hand records with game results
    ... the boards and would like to post both game results and hand records on the ... extra files to support the hand records in the future. ... won't be able to use at our club. ... Put a shortcut to this script on the ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Ni-Wumpf releases the Gottlieb System 80 CPU
    ... You open a game specific XML file, ... your changes and then upload the file to the ni-wumpf server for ... upload to the board. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Since SP2 cant upload or run online games
    ... > Char: 1 ... > I could upload a doc to this website before upgrade. ... I logon to pogo.com and select game. ... First - re-enable your firewall, ASAP, unless you're on a network protected ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)