Re: Que bids after suit agreement

On Jul 28, 12:33 pm, sofos <papakon...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The auction went, MPs, you vul

part   opp   you  opp
1H      2S    3S    P
 4C     P      ??

You had

Axx  Kxx  KTxx   Kxx

The 4C showed a club control and indicated slam interest.

What now?

My real interest in the board is to see how many find 4D an acceptable
choice with KTxx

I am more than happy to bid 4D on that holding in this auction, but I
think you should wait for the right hand to do so. In classic slam
bidding, this hand requires a second try from partner to move despite
the 4 prime cards. Partner needs a 5 loser hand with good controls to
make slam which is just about right for a second try. You have
already indicated your four cover cards with 3S [admittedly not this
prime]. I want a fourth heart and a doubleton club or a partner who
plays frivolous 3NT to move in this position.

-- Bill Shutts

  • Re: A bidding quiz...
    ...     favorite partner? ... What is your plan/call playing at the club with a new partner, ... the slam or the grand with people who don't do that. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Yet ANOTHER "bid or pass" post....
    ...     Ax ...  Takes miracle cards from a passed-hand partner for slam to be ... The only drawback is we will not find clubs that way if clubs is our best ... black kings and club length lay down a slam. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Italian Ace-or-King cuebidding
    ... > Singletons are treated as Kings and voids as Aces. ... > if partner does not have a club control. ... Won't you now find it impossible to get to slam when partner has Qx? ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Splinter
    ... 5S   P ... I see from the comments that some folks bid 4H reflexively ... partner was under no obligation to bid 4h and shouldn't have. ... the slam. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: 5NT - wtf!
    ... You are playing with a newish partner ... E   S   W   N ... Seems like you just forced slam. ... Do you need a sim to know you will seldom go set in 5H and often make ...
    (rec.games.bridge)