Re: really stupid auction I just had online!

On Apr 17, 8:12 am, thisst...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Apr 16, 5:31 pm, "Lorne" <lorne_ander...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(1C) 1H (X) P
( P) 2H ! (P) P

result -2.

I was dummy, and have no idea what partner or the oppo were thinking.
Anyone got any ideas?

Posted via a free Usenet account from

After 2H, the first opponent thought "if partner was willing to play
1Hx, (s)he'll double 2H." Second opponent thought "partner didn't
double again. (S)he wants no part of a doubled contract."

The 2H bidder, of course, forecasted this miscommunication and thus
was a beautifully deep bid.

Which resulted in exactly the same score! Although I guess you're
right that it could have been a beautiful coup if 1H had been going
down more than one. Of course, it could have been a huge
embarrassment if 1H were going to make exactly.

-- Adam