Re: Games and Playing Styles

George W Harris wrote:
::: That may be, but the fault doesn't lie with
::: my writing.
::
:: It doesn't, huh?
:
: No, it doesn't. He's twice asked me to defend a
: statement I've never made, once after I've reiterated that
: I've never made it, and he's apparently unable to decipher
: a not particularly intricate compound sentence. This is
: definitely a case of user error.

Which tells us what actually? (except for the subtle implication that
I am stupid - which doesn't bother me in the slightest - I've been
called much worse)

:: The first part of the above quote reads like
:: something out of a propositional-logic textbook,
:
: Since he can't understand English, I thought
: going to symbology would give him another option.

How about an explanation of your argument in English for the simple
like me then? When someone asks for an explanation the polite thing
to do is to simplify. It just looks like a case of you trying to
wriggle out of the argument ... Come on, help me out here.

: It's not going to win any artistic prizes, but then i
: t's not trying to. It sure as hell isn't misleading or confusing.

I wonder what exactly you are trying to do though. I also notice you
haven't replied to my direct question just below this....

Ivan.

  • Re: Word count of minimum vocabulary
    ... three different types of compounding in writing. ... I extracted part of a word to make a point in English. ... brought out concerning compounding (in English and Chinese)? ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Word count of minimum vocabulary
    ... three different types of compounding in writing. ... I extracted part of a word to make a point in English. ... What makes you think that there's a precise one-to-one translation between French "grammaire" and "orthographe" and English "grammar" and "orthography"? ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: how to solve such trouble
    ... Im extremaly untidy or something but writing ... solid mastery of your own native language. ... given that English is not your first ... what you find good - if you find free form as good the obvious be to ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: A serious discussion about the need for more gun control
    ... Our old school days are never considered "here", ... good writing today, and it was good enough for Shakespeare. ... grammar rules in English, and the reason I disparage schoolmarm grammar. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Studying English.....whats the deal?
    ... school post-BA to study English. ... Study writing by reading great writing? ... the literature as amunition for social arguments of various times. ... creative writing teacher in high school. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)