OT: BillB turning Irish
- From: BillB <bogus@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 01:46:26 -0700
I don't know how I didn't know this (being a confessed know-it-all) but I'm pretty sure on first reading that I'm entitled to Irish citizenship. Of course, I wouldn't give up my Canadian citizenship for anything (Conrad Black learned that the hard way), but Canada allows dual citizenship and so does Ireland. An Irish passport would be a ticket to work and travel anywhere in the EU. Apparently, if one of your grandparents was born in Ireland, you register your own birth retroactively in Ireland as a foreign birth and you're in like flint? I know it seems too easy to be true (especially since I've never even been to Ireland), but this is what I am reading. Am I the only one who didn't know about this? I'm 90% sure one of my grandparents was, in fact, born in Ireland.
-Liam "The Truth" O'Bradley
- Prev by Date: Re: *LOCK POKER TARGETED BY DOJ-FBI*
- Next by Date: Re: Gun nuts on RGP
- Previous by thread: Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test Banks Collection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!
- Next by thread: Re: OT: BillB turning Irish