Top Facts: State Of The Union

? Since the last SOTU, the economy has created 1.9 million private sector
jobs.

? The top 1 percent take home 24 percent of the nation?s income, up from
about 9 percent in 1976.

? Private sector job creation under Obama in 2011 was larger than seven
out of the eight years Bush was president.

? The top 1 percent of Americans own 40 percent of our country?s wealth
while the bottom 80 percent owns only 7 percent.

? Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, 2.5 million young adults gained
health insurance.

? For every one job opening, there are four people looking for work.

? Last year, China spent 9 percent of its GDP on infrastructure. The U.S.
spent 2.5 percent.

? 2.65 million seniors saved an average of $569 on prescriptions last year
thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

? ?In 2011, the United States killed Al Qaeda?s most effective
propagandist, Anwar al-Awlaki; its operating chief, Atiyah Abd al-Rahman;
and of course its founder, chief executive and spiritual leader, Osama bin
Laden.?

? Union membership is at a 70-year low.

? Unemployment benefits have lifted 3.2 million people out of poverty.

? The United States used to have the world?s largest percentage of college
graduates. We?re now #14.

? One quarter of all contributions to federal campaigns come from 0.01
percent of Americans.

? 47.8 percent of households that receive food stamps are working, because
having a job is not enough to keep them out of poverty.

? In the last three years, 30 major corporations spent more on lobbying
than they paid in taxes.

? 50 percent of U.S. workers make less than $26,364 per year.

? More than one in 70 homes faced foreclosure last year.

? Since 1985, the federal tax rate for the 400 wealthiest Americans
dropped from 29 percent to 18 percent.

-- I don't remember who and don't give a shit; it's good stuff

Jerry

  • Re: Top Facts: State Of The Union
    ... the economy has created 1.9 million private sector ... The top 1 percent of Americans own 40 percent of our country?s wealth ... China spent 9 percent of its GDP on infrastructure. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Top Facts: State Of The Union
    ... the economy has created 1.9 million private sector ... The top 1 percent of Americans own 40 percent of our country?s wealth ... China spent 9 percent of its GDP on infrastructure. ... the federal tax rate for the 400 wealthiest Americans ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: The State of the Union, for the other 99%
    ... Congress information of the state of the union, ... In the interests of truth, the actual state of this union deserves ... the number of Americans living in poverty has risen to ... than one in four American families with children make less than $30,000 ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Poll: 81 Percent of Workers Against Unions
    ... the brutal tactics employers used years ago. ... Not enough money to pay rent and food both. ... Even your average union stooge knows that is stupid. ... Americans in 2009 have no memory of the past. ...
    (alt.politics)