Re: OT: Extra points for minorities on Civil Service Exams. Is this still done?

On May 26 2009 10:46 PM, Alim Nassor wrote:

On May 26, 12:58 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 25 2009 9:14 AM, Irish O'Bama wrote:

I think there was a time when minority people were given extra points
when taking a civil service exam.

Does that still happen?  If so, how many extra points are awarded?

Do you have any evidence that anything like that ever happened?

I know you get extra points at the neighborhood bar for being Irish.

Yes it happened and I'm pretty sure it still does. I took the
postal exam years ago, minorities got 5 extra points and so did vets.
I think some handicaps got 5 points to because I know several people
there were spotted 15 points.

The minorities part is horseshit.

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

.