Re: Poker Long Shot

Maybe I'm an idiot but the odds of getting any pair of jacks (or any other
pair) is 221/1 so the odds of getting dealt JJ four times in a row is 221^4
or 2,385,443,281. As far as symantics go the odds of any player being dealt
the same pair (not counting suits) on 4 consecutive deals at any point in
time is about 2.4 billion to one but even if that happened the next deal as
an independent event would still have a 221/1 chance of being dealt pocket
JJ. Then again I majored in beer so my calculations are probably wrong.

"da pickle" <jcpickels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Edward Hutchison"

A poker dealer has sworn to me that he recently dealt the same player a
pair
of Jacks on four consecutive hands. He asked what the odds are of this
occurring.

I believe him.

  • Re: Poker Long Shot
    ... What's the probability of getting 4 coin flips in a row come up heads? ... What are the odds that pairs of jacks will be dealt to aplyer the next ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: TMA Assembler?
    ... You've yet to demonstrate a single question that wasn't answered or ... dealt with. ... an idiot, clown: ... you'll never see those questions on Rosasm. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: TMA Assembler?
    ... You've yet to demonstrate a single question that wasn't answered or ... dealt with. ... an idiot, clown: ... such questions have never been seen at Assembly Boards, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: CHB goes too far...
    ... below even his standards with his article on why Manny should be dealt. ... Its the worst piece of sports journalism (if I may use the term ... noise from an idiot. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)