Re: WARNING don't install this software.

In article <16sv93x5me.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, will_gamble2
@yahoo.com says...
> On Jan 17 2006 12:23 PM, Emperor's New Widescreen wrote:
>
> > Does not work in w98 tho :O|
> >

> I have to agree with the guy that said you being described as 'computer
> savvy' was a bit of an overstatement. Most savvy people don't download
> things from sites that they are unfamiliar with or have a strong reason to
> believe they can trust. I also don't think computer savvy people are
> running win98 on a slow processor.

I do - but only for emergency support of people in depts here
with no budget who are still struggling on with old hardware.
I certainly wouldn't try to run any program written in the last
5 years on it - they assume all kinds of system files and
features that just don't exist in 98.

--
Even a biologist can do physics,
if you teach them to think about

  • Re: WARNING dont install this software.
    ... >> savvy' was a bit of an overstatement. ... Thats garbage, I doubt there is anyway software which won't ... thats the only practical difference. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: WARNING dont install this software.
    ... > savvy' was a bit of an overstatement. ... > running win98 on a slow processor. ... Actually as you have a rollback facility there should be nothing to stop ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Block insant messenger
    ... I'm reasonably computer savvy except when it comes ... It doesn't take a lot of savvy to find the hardware compatibility list ... and see if your make/model of router is on it though. ... complex than your standard config. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Block insant messenger
    ... you'll become more savvy. ... It doesn't take a lot of savvy to find the hardware compatibility list ... and see if your make/model of router is on it though. ... complex than your standard config. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: (Xnews) Memory Problems reading goups with millions of posts - Thanks ->>> with a P.S. f
    ... Blinky the Shark wrote in ... and make this simple for you, Your hardware is far ... savvy because YOUR hardware cant handle it is ... I thought you were having tiny-memory problems. ...
    (news.software.readers)