Re: Drying Starter?
- From: Will <waller.william@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 07:30:13 -0700
On Oct 8, 8:42 am, Joe Umstead <NAVL-...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"sourdough, or levain" or yeast, what state are they in when they are on a
grain of wheat? Do not they live on the grain of wheat for years?
Well some do (live for a long time) and some don't... I would imagine
you've made starters with various bags of wheat. Why are some starters
better than others?
The question is... once you have a good starter, or in this case, a
signature starter, how do you keep it from drifting? My answer is to
use it frequently and treat it, in sofar as it is possible, like the
- Prev by Date: Re: Drying Starter?
- Next by Date: Re: Drying Starter?
- Previous by thread: Re: Drying Starter?
- Next by thread: Re: Drying Starter?