Re: open dehydrator vent or not?

<happyhealthymind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1147543338.641235.107690@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi. I soaked some nuts over night and now they are in my dehydrator. I
was wondering if I should close the vent at the top of the dehydrator
or keep it open. Does anyone know? Why would I or wouldn't I?

If you mean a small vent in the dehydrator, then no, because that is where
the moisture will escape which is being drawn out of your nuts <g>

I am curious as to why you would soak them when you intended to dry them??

  • Re: open dehydrator vent or not?
    ... Ophelia wrote: ... If you mean a small vent in the dehydrator, ... What kind of nuts? ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • open dehydrator vent or not?
    ... I soaked some nuts over night and now they are in my dehydrator. ... was wondering if I should close the vent at the top of the dehydrator ... Happy Healthy! ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • Re: For beef jerky, ideal/best/favourite cuts?
    ... > Pandora wrote: ... >>>dry on a dehydrator until the texture is almost like leather. ... >>>the meat is not supposed to cook. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Clothes Dryer Taking Longer.....
    ... After searching Google groups for answers, I spent a torturous afternoon cleaning the 4 inch vent. ... But the timer advances before the clothes are dry. ... If not for this I think you could put a full load into it and come back to find dry clothes. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Anyone tried drying limes?
    ... I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just ... dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus fruit. ... When we have a glut of such stuff, we freeze a few whole, grate the rind ... of the rest (and dry some rind as well) and squeeze the juice to freeze. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)