Does pectin go bad?

Howdy all,

Got some nice blueberries on deck to make some jam. My sister gave me
some pectin she had around, and the "use by" dates are a year or two ago.
Does that stuff go bad, or will it be fine? I got some new anyway, but
I'm just curious.

Will

--
Will Wagner / wwagner@xxxxxxx / http://www.ymb.net/
"Keep it simple: as simple as possible, but no simpler." -- A. Einstein

  • Re: Does pectin go bad?
    ... Got some nice blueberries on deck to make some jam. ... My sister gave me ... some pectin she had around, and the "use by" dates are a year or two ago. ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • Re: Does pectin go bad?
    ... >> Got some nice blueberries on deck to make some jam. ... My sister gave me ... >The only problems I have ever noticed are with liquid pectin. ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • Re: Does pectin go bad?
    ... Got some nice blueberries on deck to make some jam. ... My sister gave me ... The only problems I have ever noticed are with liquid pectin. ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • Re: Advice needed on Blackberry jam screwup
    ... When I started putting up blackberry jam this summer I was using the ... Ball liquid pectin, and the instructions that came with it dictated 4 ... stated to use 5 cups crushed blackberries, 7 cups sugar. ...
    (rec.food.preserving)
  • Re: Jelly and jam help needed
    ... Don't use liquid pectin. ... will be gone and they will have an abundance of sugar. ... jam or jelly that is overloaded with sugar and very short acid and pectin. ... The easiest way to get this balance is to continually taste the mixture ...
    (rec.food.preserving)