Re: Looking for the recipe for "pulse", the food that Daniel ate in the Old Testament

The Hebrew word for pulse in Daniel 1:12 is

zeroa` zay-ro'-ah

or zeraSon {zay-raw-ohn'}; from 2232; something
sown (only in the plural), i.e. a vegetable (as
food):--pulse.

There is another reference to pulse in 2 Samuel 17:28, but the Hebrew
word here is

qaliy kaw-lee'

or qaliyi {kaw-lee'}; from 7033; roasted ears of
grain:--parched corn.

The reference in Daniel indicates vegetables, not just one.
The reference in 2 Samuel is parched corn.

Thank you for your comments. I will keep looking:)

Tom

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:41:46 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
<bogus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am looking for a recipe for "pulse", the food that Daniel ate
>> in the Old Testament.
>
>You aren't going to get anywhere without knowing the Hebrew word
>(and what it means).
>
>There is a Jewish cooking group, I think, they might know.
>
>"Pulse" in English means a legume, which in Daniel's time and
>place would presumably be ful medames (broad beans, field beans).
>But the translators might have been guessing as much as I am.
>
>============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk ==============
>Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660 4760
><http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/> for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975
>stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739 557

  • Re: Experimental Detection of Universal Reference Frame
    ... >> The ICRF or BCRF is a celestial non-rotating reference frame. ... > If that would permit you to determine your K0, then the GPS would not ... pulse, computes the pulse propagation time T_prop. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Relativity postulates/ Frame of references/ Escape velocity
    ... frames of reference but since speed of light (pulse) is way greater ... than Escape velocity of any inertial frame of reference except black ... arrangement carrying the light clock mechanism. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Linear sensor
    ... Monitoring the rail end reflections will calibrate ... The best would be two piezos at both ends and another at the reference point. ... So I pulse one end and detect on the reference and on the other end. ... Then I pulse the other end and repeat the measurement in the opposite direction. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: phase wrap
    ... uses cyclic crosscorrelation between signal and reference: ... a complex vector with the same length. ... Find the peak => pulse ... ref, give the amplitude and phase of signal relative to ref. ...
    (comp.dsp)