Re: tea kettle with spinning top

Hello Gerald,

Google works just fine. Here's what I found in five minutes:

I used the following search phrases exactly as indicated (including the quotes): "Alton Brown" "Good Eats" "tea kettle"

The results are here: http://tinyurl.com/m9267

The very first hit was a Slashdot thread about a (then) upcoming Q&A with Alton Brown, in which queries were posted regarding his "cool gadgets." Someone wanted to know about the insane ("rocket") tea kettle: http://tinyurl.com/rt5f2

As you can see,a respondent mentioned that it was formerly available from the Gevalia catalog. Another respondent wrote that a friend had found one in Prague. Yet a third respondent recommended checking the area of goodeatsfanpage.com that discusses Alton Brown's equipment. Looking there, I found the following information at http://tinyurl.com/lq3k8 (scroll down to the final item listed):

Make: Kamenstein Collection / Motion Kettles
Model: Rocket
Price: $70.00

When the pot boils, the top spins around from the steam jetting out from the two rockets on the side.
Made of highly polished 18/8 stainless steel. Holds 2 ½ quarts.
Barclay's Coffee: $79.95 ($10.00 off if you mention this website when ordering)
Teapots4Sale.com: $69.99 (discontinued, no longer being made by the manufacturer)

I assume that's the kettle you're interested in?

There's a better photo of it on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/r2czj

However, the "Kamenstein MKI Design World of Motion Steam-Driven Rocket Kettle" has apparently been discontinued and seems rather difficult to find.

Amazon no longer stocks it: http://tinyurl.com/ojafa

And many have posted it in eBay's "Want It Now" section, as you can see in these Google search results: http://tinyurl.com/n4tpt

But keep an eye on eBay, and perhaps contact the manufacturer for more info:

M. Kamenstein Inc.
565 Taxter Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
(914) 785-8000

Good luck!

Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
On one Alton Brown Good Eats show, he featured a tea kettle
that I would dearly like to find.

The body of the kettle was either brushed aluminum or stainless
steel with brass accents (rivets or straps) and with the
unmistakable feature of a top that rotated from the
escaping steam. Reminiscent of a Archimedes steam engine.

I have Googled myself out and looked through many pages of
tea kettles to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea who manufactures that kettle and/or
where it is sold.

Many thanks in advance.

  • Re: tea kettle with spinning top
    ... Google works just fine. ... the top spins around from the steam ... I assume that's the kettle you're interested in? ... Rocket Kettle" has apparently been discontinued and seems rather ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Google street view in the dark
    ... On Jan 14, 12:52 pm, "Kettle head Randy thinks he knows everything" ... Google maps shows it as done. ... SPEAKING OF ASSWIPES, ASSWIPE, THOSE>ARE DRIVEN, AND THEY DROVE I-10 ... NOW AGAIN RUN ALONG AND FIND A>SVARTZIE BITCH TO STICK YOUR BIG DICK ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: the efficiency of the internet
    ... "Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a cup of tea, ... how can they claim to be in the forefront of green computing when they are so secretive around their power usage? ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: the efficiency of the internet
    ... "Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate ... about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a ... kettle generates about 15g. ... environmental impact of computing is due out soon. ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Guess what?
    ... It burns your fingers if you let the hot steam from the kettle get near them ... I've been very careful not to put myself at risk while I've had these silly ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)