Frozen dough: how long to let thaw etc?

I'd like to make my fave roll dough in the ABM, freeze a few batches,
and whip out on the day I realize I'm nearly out of rolls.

Dough experts: average time to let thaw? On counter or in fridge?
Let it rest? For how long? Should I expect it to rise? For how long
before baking? Thanks. Just trying to get the time frame down pat.
The rolls bake in about 14 minutes once the dough is at room temp.

I asked in the baking group but..........no replies.

  • Re: Hows this for an invitation
    ... smeared on the dough along with some cheese and the bread is ... They also make great rolls. ... cup flour. ... While dough is rising, prepare onions. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: kaiser rolls recipe any good?
    ... tablespoons active dry yeast ... egg whites, stiffly beaten ... overworked the dough. ... rolls either time without them pulling right back. ...
    (rec.food.baking)
  • Re: Soft dinner rolls
    ... >> rolls are just too 'bready' instead of soft and fluffy. ... > a soft dough. ... > and shape into balls and place in the pan. ... Do you think one could successfully make half a recipe? ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Hamburger buns ABM
    ... (yes, the whites started to curdle with the salt & acid, but no harm) ... Set machine on dough cycle. ... Place your buns on a non-stick pan. ... Kaiser or Brown & Serve Rolls Or Bread ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Christmas dinner
    ... I'm not much of a baker but I do have a recipe for refrigerator rolls that can be prepared/proofed ahead of time. ... In large bowl, combine 2-1/4 c. flour, sugar, salt and yeast. ... make a soft dough. ... Grease a 15X10 open roasting pan. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)