Live culture yogurt

How can you tell if yogurt has a live culture? I was told to eat some
yogurt and some probiotic pills to help with diarrhea after antibiotics by
the pharmasist. He also steered me to some OTC anti-diarrhea meds.

How can you tell if the yogurt is live culture? Will it say so on the
package? None did at the grocery so i tried one at random. Tasted good but
I suspect it was dead. Didn't squirm around a bit. <g>

TIA

--
"Experience is something you don't get until
just after you need it." Steven Wright

  • Re: I am getting absolutely NOTHING done
    ... When my daughter was small, she had ear infections quite often, and she would often get diarrhea from the antibiotics. ... One doctor prescribed soemthing to take. ... When I asked another doctor for it when she got the antibiotics, he told me to use yogurt. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Live culture yogurt
    ... yogurt and some probiotic pills to help with diarrhea after antibiotics by ... He also steered me to some OTC anti-diarrhea meds. ... How can you tell if the yogurt is live culture? ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: the new- Dannon- yogurt thread
    ... I used to make yogurt in old jelly jars in a styrofoam beer cooler. ... My recipe just ... called for heated milk and live culture, which came from a spoonful of ... a top-quality store brand for the first batch. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Live culture yogurt
    ... How can you tell if the yogurt is live culture? ... huge bowl in the fridge. ... grandfather used his little finger immersed in the milk, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Live culture yogurt
    ... He also steered me to some OTC anti-diarrhea meds. ... How can you tell if the yogurt is live culture? ... If it has active cultures in it, it will say so on the package. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)