RIP Fanny Farmer

Marion Cunningham, who wrote the Fanny Farmer Cookbooks, has died.
She was 90. A wonderful influence on the world of food.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/us/marion-cunningham-cookbook-author-dies-at-90.html?ref=dining

  • Re: Scratch n sniff Cannabis
    ... evidence, and the facts. ... notion of 'free choice', that you say consumers should not have taken ... Call it 50/50, free choice and influence, unless you have ... PR people 'develop their food products so as to appeal as much as ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Scratch n sniff Cannabis
    ... evidence, and the facts. ... notion of 'free choice', that you say consumers should not have taken ... As I am sure you are aware, neither free choice nor influence can be ... You go on to say, in the paragraph just below, that the food industry ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: OT: The semantics of the terms PC/Mac
    ... use need to use Windows to put food on the table. ... get off your high horse and try to understand that things work ... You're not a part of criminality just ... influence on my own children. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT: The semantics of the terms PC/Mac
    ... use need to use Windows to put food on the table. ... criminality, whatever the source. ... influence on my own children. ... When Windows are opened the bugs come in. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Remember the Housing "Bubble"?
    ... This is one of the main functions of the various industry groups -- ... to influence legislation favorable to their constituents. ... Certainly several food groups in the ... UK and US have not been happy with how the "food pyramid" was put together. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)