Sweetened vs "shredded coconut"
- From: Jim Elbrecht <elbrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 19:35:35 -0400
I've got a recipe [for sweet potato oatmeal bars] that calls for
shredded coconut. I assume that means unsweetened.
I've got a bag and a half of sweetened that I would like to get rid
If the recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut and 1 cup sugar--
how does using sweetened coconut and reducing the sugar by a Tbl or 2
There is a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in the recipe, 1 1/3 cups sweet
potato puree-- and it uses coconut oil, so I don't want to overdo the
There shouldn't be any other difference in using sweetened vs shredded
coconut, is there?
This page starts with the recipe found in the same book-- then adds
hemp seed and almond milk-
- Prev by Date: Re: Who the heck would think this is a good idea?
- Next by Date: Re: Sweetened vs "shredded coconut"
- Previous by thread: Are Ecko tools made any longer? I was++
- Next by thread: Re: Sweetened vs "shredded coconut"