Re: For those who are frustrated by Google preferences not saving between sessions
- From: TFM® <horndawg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:41:21 -0400
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 12:03:16 -0700, sf wrote:
I HATE Google Instant and wondered why my saved preferences didn't
hold from one day to the next. I decided to officially complain and
started looking around for an email address.... here's what I found at
the bottom of the page on the side opposite the "save preferences"
(Note: Setting preferences will not work if you have disabled cookies
in your browser.)
My browser accepts all cookies, but dumps them at the end of every
session - so it looks like resetting Google preferences will be part
of my computer start up routine from now on.
I just left my browser in default cookie mode. I take them all, leave them
all at the end of a session.
I use CCleaner every now and then if something gets bothersome.
It's free and worth a lot more than they charge.
I kinda like Google Instant. I'm sure with enough feedback they'll get it
to a better state.
Sometimes when I feel letdown and disgruntled with new permutations of the
web, I think back to the time when we surfed a text only internet with a
14,400 modem if you were rich.
Then it doesn't feel so bad.
- Prev by Date: Re: Feeding a Zombie
- Next by Date: Re: For those who are frustrated by Google preferences not saving between sessions
- Previous by thread: For those who are frustrated by Google preferences not saving between sessions
- Next by thread: Re: For those who are frustrated by Google preferences not saving between sessions