Re: Black Bean Soup (was Princess etc)
- From: Terry Pulliam Burd <ntpulliam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 11:53:23 -0700
On Sun, 01 May 2011 12:33:43 -0500, Lou Decruss
<LouDecruss@xxxxxxxxxx> arranged random neurons and said:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:19:25 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
My best black bean soup recipe, the one I settled on as the constant
for the restaurant, is a "Brazilian black bean"
it has citrus and heat and is soooo yummy. You could use canned
black beans in a pinch.
That looks really good too. I saved it for when I make soup next
I finally took a look at this recipe. Looks good and I'll give it a
test drive this week. Bill doesn't recall ever having black bean soup,
but he likes black beans, sooooo...
The first line above the recipe itself says, "People would ask me
'what makes this soup Brazilian?'" And goes on to cite the citrus and
spices. I suspect the writer is referencing Feijoada Completa, which
is the national dish of Brazil, traditionally served on Wednesdays and
Saturdays throughout Brazil. AFAIK, there's no citrus in feijoada, but
does have a preponderance of black beans. Doesn't detract from the
quality of the black bean soup recipe. Just sayin'.
Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
- Prev by Date: Re: We're getting a Whole PAYCHECK!!!
- Next by Date: Re: If You Hate Cornbread...
- Previous by thread: Re: Black Bean Soup (was Princess etc)
- Next by thread: Re: Black Bean Soup (was Princess etc)