Re: Stupid "Food Wars" travel channel TV show.
- From: spope33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Steve Pope)
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:10:42 +0000 (UTC)
Andy <a@xxx> wrote:
Until the end of time, I'll complain about the thin crust pizza from
Jon's in NYC's lower east side on Bleecher (sp?).
I didn't see the attraction. The flavor wasn't anything beyond ordinary.
AND the $17 pitcher of Budweiser was the "no go" last straw that broke
the camel's back.
I think it's John's, and their one possible attraction is
they are one of the few places remaining to cook pizza over
coal, giving it a sooty creosotey taste.
Once, I had a few slices of Ray's pizza somewhere in NYC. Authentic? Who
knows! All I remember is it was greasy and cheesy and great! I remember
leaving feeling I'd been correctly served and sufficiently stuffed!!!
Many New Yorkers like Ray, and a small minority consider it
equal to the best. Can't really see it, myself.
- Prev by Date: Re: Corned Beef Recipes??
- Next by Date: Re: How do you do ribs ??
- Previous by thread: Re: Stupid "Food Wars" travel channel TV show.
- Next by thread: Re: T-Minus hours for a "Taste of Chicago."