Re: Tonight's black bean soup
- From: bob <akabob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:49:46 +1300
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:42:04 -0500, Becca <becca@xxxxxxxxxx> shouted
from the highest rooftop:
"Cindy Fuller" <cjfullerSPAMORAMA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I didn't have anything thawed or cooked in advance, so I improvised on
black bean soup.
This is pretty smart! I like the way you cook. I never add anything but bay
and pepper to my dried black beans until they are soft. Lately, like you, I
have been using canned when I make black bean soup, for the most part just
so that I don't have a huge pot of beans. OMG, it just occurred to me that I
don't have to cook THE WHOLE BAG OF BEANS.
Black beans freeze well.
So do refried beans and homemade bean burritos -although the flour
tortilla can dry out on reheating unless I unwrap from foil and rub
some water on the surface of the defrosted burrito with my fingers
before rewrapping & heating in the oven.
una cerveza mas por favor ...
Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
- Prev by Date: Re: What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine?
- Next by Date: Re: What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine?
- Previous by thread: Re: Tonight's black bean soup
- Next by thread: Re: Tonight's black bean soup