Re: Cider (or lack thereof) rant

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright@xxxxxxxxx> fnord
news:Xns9B269D0163DA4wayneboatwrightatgma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Sat 27 Sep 2008 03:24:19p, Saerah Gray told us...

Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> fnord news:270908.171742rfc1191.319
@sqwertz.com:

Saerah Gray <anisaerah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I'm going to MacGyver some hard cider this year (think
unwashed
organic apple from a u-pick for the yeast, and a baloon with holes
for
the airlock. ) A friend of mine did this a few years ago and it was
awesome.

I never thought about using a balloon. Maybe that would work for my
kimchi, too ;-) That way I could enjoy the smell of it all day long
and tell when it's ready without having to open it.

How do you get a clean hole that won't rip under pressure?

-sw

My friend used a safety pin. We aren't friends any more, so I can't
ask
her; I was thinking of just winging it if I did... or google when the
time comes ;)

Why, did she prick you with her safety pin?

eh. Wildly variant lifetyles and we just stopped talking... I actually
tried calling her a while back, but it was disconnected.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
.