Re: Homemade roach bait

In article <1157167836.842763.254560@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"writingmama" <roseydow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,
The original thread went a little afield, so forgive me for a new
subject line.

If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc. Boric acid isn't absorbed
through the skin, another advantage over other pesticides.

This is poison. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
1C boric acid
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
Enough milk to make a soft dough like drop cookies.

Drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 350
degrees, until set but not too hard. Let cool and hide them around the
house. These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.

Best wishes,
Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core

www.SurvivalCookbook.com

Cool... :-)

I'm fortunate to just be able to purchase a solid tablet boric acid bait
(Echols Roach Tablets) at the local grocery store, but I'll keep this in
mind.

Where on earth does one purchase powdered boric acid tho' unless it is
on line?
--
Peace!
Om