Re: Pear Clafouti
- From: Old Mother Ashby <cmashby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:26:12 +1000
Dave Smith wrote:
Leila wrote:You are not wrong! I make the batter in a jug with the Bamix (stick blender) - to be truthful, it's so easy that usually Derrick makes it. Never tried pears, but I have used cherries, apricots and blueberries.
Leila's note- my husband said it was a fancy dessert. He wouldn't be
dissuaded even though I swore it was easy as muffins. You could
substitute all kinds of fruit for the pears.... and different
flavorings instead of vanilla: almond, orange flower water, etc.
Clafoutti has everything going for it. First of all, it is delicious. It
is quick, easy and not expensive to make. It can be served warm or cold.
It looks impressive. Damn it. Why have I not made one for a while?
It's dessert toad in the hole, really.
- Prev by Date: Re: Reverse Discrimination (WAS: Re: Denny's)
- Next by Date: Re: stick-proofing spaghetti
- Previous by thread: Re: Pear Clafouti
- Next by thread: Re: Pear Clafouti