Frozen food not kept frozen
- From: rfdjr1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:17:35 -0400
Is there any harm in storing something that is brought in the freezer sextion of
the grocery store, in the refrigerator for a short period of time, if it's going
to be used? For example, the other day I bought several cans of frozen lemonade.
My wife put two in the freezer, which was prety filled, and put two in the
fridge. I made one can right away, the other has been in there for a few days.
Is it safe to use? Another example would be a frozen bag of, say, a casserole
type meal, that goes in the microwave to be cooked. If I don't have room in the
freezer, is it safe to keep it for just a few days in the fridge until I cook
it? I guess my question boils down to is the freezing a way for long term
storage, or is it a safety measure? Thanks.
- Prev by Date: Re: Cleaning cooktop
- Next by Date: Re: Convenience foods that go too far
- Previous by thread: OT: Cleaning cooktop
- Next by thread: Re: Frozen food not kept frozen