Re: Yorkshire Pudding

Aria wrote:

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that they love for yorky pudding? There are so many recipes out there and they are all different. Not sure which one to use. Especially not sure about how much pan drippings to put into the muffin tins.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Yorkshire Pudding

Recipe By     : Graham Kerr, in pre heart attack days
Categories    : Beef                             Breads

   2      cups          flour
   4                    eggs
   2 1/2  cups          milk
   1      teaspoon      salt
                        beef drippings

*raise oven temp. to 400 degrees and place pudding in oven when your roast beef has about 25 min left to
cook. In this way the joint will have the necessary 20 min to rest before carving and be ready at the same time
as the pudding.

Sift together flour and salt, slowly mixing in eggs and milk.
Cover and allow to stand for at least one hour in a warm place. Beat well.
Heat drippings from roast beef in the oven. There should be sufficient to cover an 8 inch round cake tin by 1/4
inch.
When blue haze leaves the surface, pour in batter. Place on top rung of oven for 45 min. (If I make it in muffin
cups I bake 25 min) Serve immediately.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  • Re: Kate Middleton & Victoria Beckham
    ... Nobody eats roast beef and Yorkshire pudding anymore. ... Honey and mustard roast beef got the thumbs up, ... Take the drippings from the first 45 minutes of the roast and don't water ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Yorkshire pudding with turkey drippings?
    ... I can't imagine a Yorkshire pudding without ... drippings from the roast beef, but I've never had it any other way. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Menu Planning
    ... If you or anyone else has a good recipe for me to try I'd be grateful. ... Yorkshire Pudding ... Heat drippings from roast beef in the oven. ... There should be sufficient to cover an 8 inch round cake tin by 1/4 ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Alton Brown last night
    ... some friends on New Years Eve. ... No drippings. ... I've had the popover style and the pudding style Yorkshire. ... ingredient that make Yorkshire pudding taste like its own recipe. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Yorkshire pudding with turkey drippings?
    ... I don't think you're going to get enough flavor from the miniscule drippings ... of a breast to flavor the Yorkshire Pudding. ... the butcher for a bit of turkey liver, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)