Re: Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies - lost recipe from Quaker Oat cannister
- From: Jenn Ridley <jridley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:37:58 -0400
>I'd been refilling the old Quaker Oats cannister with organic oats
>bought in bulk, but still used the cookie recipe in the lid.
>Alas, Hubby threw the container away when he emptied it.
>Does anyone have the original recipe? The QO website recipe is called
>"Famous" and looks different somehow. Missing cinnamon? or?
There's at least a dozen oatmeal cookie recipes on the QuakerOats
site. I think the one you want is called _Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies_
(cut and pasted from www.quakeroats.com)
vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies
1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until
creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking
soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on
cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly
Servings: ABOUT 4 DOZEN
Bar Cookies: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking
pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool
completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly
VARIATIONS: Stir in 1 cup chopped nuts. Substitute 1 cup semisweet
chocolate chips or candy-coated chocolate pieces for raisins; omit
Substitute 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit.
HIGH ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT: Increase flour to 1-3/4 cups and bake as
Jenn Ridley : jridley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies - lost recipe from Quaker Oat cannister
- Next by Date: Re: RECIPE Re: biscuits
- Previous by thread: Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies - lost recipe from Quaker Oat cannister