Campden Tablet - Shelf Life

I googled this one but didn't find any satisfactory answers. I 'inherited' some winemaking stuff my father used. I've
thrown most of the chemicals out as they didn't smell right, but the campden tablets all smelled as they should. These
are 7 -20 years old though.

I know, I know, campden tablets are cheap so I probably should chuck them too and not try to save money on these things,
but they were in sealed containers and as I say, they smell like my new ones do. I only use campden tablets on initial
must anyway.

So does anyone know if campden tablets keep thaaat well?

Jim

  • Re: Campden Tablet - Shelf Life
    ... thrown most of the chemicals out as they didn't ... I know, I know, campden tablets are cheap so I ... they smell like my new ones do. ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)
  • Re: Campden Tablet - Shelf Life
    ... jim wrote: ... thrown most of the chemicals out as they didn't ... I know, I know, campden tablets are cheap so I ... they smell like my new ones do. ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)
  • Re: Campden Tablet - Shelf Life
    ... Jack's sight it discusses shelf life of ... winemaking chemicals and I think he gives it for campden as well serch ... I know, I know, campden tablets are cheap so I probably should chuck them ... they smell like my new ones do. ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)
  • Re: Campden Tablet - Shelf Life
    ... I go there quite often and didn't recall seeing the info - I will check it out now. ... winemaking chemicals and I think he gives it for campden as well serch arround on: ... I've thrown most of the chemicals out as they didn't smell right, but the campden tablets all smelled as they should. ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)