OT: Hat patterns needed and referral help too

hey y'all. Well, we had the first chemo for mom yesterday. thought it
would be a huge big deal, but all that happened was, we went in, sat in a
chair, they plugged her in through the portacath, and we sat there 3 hours.
She has so many medicines she hasn't been very sick, but is beginning to be
really tired.

Can somebody point me to some free hat patterns? I found a McCall's pattern
but dang those things are expensive! <sigh> If I can find a free one I
like, I'll make it first.

Does anyone know of any organization where mom can get help paying for her
prescription meds? As of next month when she buys her refills, she will
have exhausted her prescription insurance for the entire year (the chemo
prescriptions were $647, $250, and there were three others I don't konw the
prices of.) She takes 13 pills a day that are not related to the chemo but
which cost $225/month with just her copays; I have no idea what they will
cost at full price!!!

Thanks