Re: Oops! How to repair small hole in quilt top

In article <TKD4f.2490$4O1.2424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Polly Esther" <misterclean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It might be that you can remove some threads from the edges to use for
> weaving in and out across the cut and mend it. However - that will always
> be a weak spot in your treasure. Would the appearance of the quilt be
> destroyed if, instead, you embroidered your initials on top of the cut? You
> could make them very tiny and use a thread that matched your fabric. Polly

Polly, that's *exactly* what I did when I accidentally cut my very first
quilt with a seam ripper. <G> I machine embroidered my initials over the
tear in matching thread, and it's hardly visible. If anyone does see
anything, they only see the intials, not the tear. :)

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education