Re: O.T. Three strikes

We have a saying over here
When poverty comes through the door,
Love flies out of the window.

Marriage is like a career it as to be worked at. There has to be a lot of give and take on both sides. My 52nd wedding anniversary is this year.

Shirley

In message <4a2kh2FqvuusU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dianne Lewandowski <dianne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Lucille wrote:
Poverty stinks and nothing can make it better.

I view it every day. Poverty - or less than enough money to pay the bills and have enough left over for *some* fun - breeds contempt and a grinding down of the soul.

Like you, I have had it and also been without. I know what it's like on both sides of the fence. Having money certainly made my life more liveable.

Without a decent amount of money, you wear out mentally. Life becomes a grind. Your children become depressed from the weight of it all. Life is not fun. Alcoholism runs rampant, as does abuse. There's a hopelessness and general malaise that sets in. Your debt load becomes greater, and the fear every day of being able to provide becomes overwhelming.

Yep. I agree with you and Ruby. Take away a decent standard of living and you have a culture of woe.

Dianne

--
Shirley Shone
shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: An experiment...
    ... never been on hunter street and don't smoke. ... i just decided some years ago that those two things, time and money, ... were the cause of most of the stress in my life. ... it was fun and funny because my banker had to even show me ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: An experiment...
    ... never bother with time nor money and since then my life has been ... i just decided some years ago that those two things, time and money, ... were the cause of most of the stress in my life. ... it was fun and funny because my banker had to even show me ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: O.T. Three strikes
    ... Having money certainly made my life more liveable. ... Without a decent amount of money, ... Life is not fun. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: The Kind Of People Who Like IBooks...
    ... But if you are actually having fun at this, ... >need to get a life. ... The fact that you think I even talk that much about thye Mac itself ... Maybe you should try to get double your money back. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Four in a row"
    ... What price do you cost the life of a small child at Angus? ... How much do you spend on health and welfare of other individuals? ... You want money spent on safety barriers on land that might potentially ... I want money spent on medical research ...
    (uk.rec.walking)