Air compressor compressing but overheating...
- From: dpb <none@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:18:53 -0500
5 hp 2-cyl Sanborn; 30+ yr(?)
Always been just fine until yesterday realized it is getting hotter than blazes--like boil water hot even though pressure building as normal.
This is a symptom I've not experienced before...and yes, it's the compressor, not the motor that's getting hot; the motor is fine. It is not bearings tight; can turn manually.
It was too hot to touch when I discovered it this AM and had funeral this afternoon so just got home and haven't had chance to do anything--just thought I'd get the collective wisdom...
- Prev by Date: Re: Heavy copper windings from transformers
- Next by Date: Re: Air compressor compressing but overheating...
- Previous by thread: Irwin parts
- Next by thread: Re: Air compressor compressing but overheating...