Re: Degree symbol

spaco <spaco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:2pqdnYysZty9y_DanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx:

Ever want to use the degree symbol instead of typing the word
"degree"?

If yes:

With "Numlock" ON. hold down the alt key and type 0176 (USING THE
KEYPAD).

°
°
°
°
Ha!

Pete Stanaitis
--------------------------
Also....

Ø = Alt 0216
² = Alt 0178
× = Alt 0215
± = Alt 0177

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

  • Re: how do you make bullets
    ... As another alternative, you might also try holding down the ALT key, ... press a number on your keypad (Num Lock ON, MUST use keypad to type the ... Using Arial font, ALT +14 results in ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Muenster
    ... followed a letter for umlauts but, when I'm using a text newsgroup, it ... is a pain to get them. ... Alt and enter the number on the keypad). ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: US keyboard wheres the backslash?
    ... Yes this shows a backslash for 92 but the alt 92 thing doesn't work. ... ...but we are well in the territory of the blind leading the blind so try ... I'm also finding the alt-92 only works with the keypad, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: ASCII Extended Characters
    ... Are you talking about holding down the Alt key and typing in a 1 2 or 3 ... Alt + Keypad 78 = N ... I have a client who is wanting data cleansing on their incoming file. ... the things they are wanting is for us to check for Special Characters, ...
  • Re: Entering Symbols
    ... the Alt + Number keystrokes only work when you use a *keypad* to ... If you only have a QWERTY keyboard you may need to find ... > With a standard keyboard, to make a checkmark in Excel, I can use the ALT ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)