cooey model 39 extractor

Well I modeled as best I could the cooey model 39 extractor with the
e-machine shop cad program off the net. Anybody with experience have an
idea on how much it would take to machine say 5 of these pieces up. And
1095 would be a really good material, as I know I can get the right spring
temper with it.

The only thing not drawn properly is where the thin section thickens out
into the cylindrical end, it should continue to taper upwards. but its
close enough, a tiny touch on the grinder can fix it before final heat and
bend to shape then a spring temper.

Any ideas with it that I may be missing? Tried to attach file but won't
send with it there. What is the place to post pics and files?

mike

  • machining cost of a part
    ... Well I modeled as best I could the cooey model 39 extractor with the ... e-machine shop cad program off the net. ... bend to shape then a spring temper. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: machining cost of a part
    ... Michael S wrote: ... e-machine shop cad program off the net. ... bend to shape then a spring temper. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)