Re: OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

On Sat, 13 May 2006 12:09:29 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman <dforeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> quickly quoth:

I think atmospheric absorption might be excessive at much over 200
feet. Massa's book on Ultrasonics may have charts, if I can find it
in the basement.

Danke.

I think DirecTV is in the range of 12.2 to 12.7 GHz, lambda of about
1.8 cm or 0.72 in. 22 KHz ultrasound has lambda of 1.5 cm or 0.6 in,
pretty comparable.

I'm stacked with projects at the moment, but I'll put a Hartmann back
on the "ta do" list.

Grazie.

Right now I'm trying to add electric drive to
my boat lift winch and "goin' to the lake" time is getting real close
even in MN. I'm adding some sprockets and adapting the motor and
planetary gear drive from a scrounged ATV winch. I'd rather push a
button than wind that 40" handwheel 40 revs with 20 lb of tangential
force every time I wanna go out for a little while. A commercial
gadget to do this runs over $500. I have about $10 in it so far, my

Cool. I spent the day at my GF's riverfront property. It's on the
Applegate River about 10 miles from my house, so we're going to go out
there more this summer once the frigid water warms up. It's an
unimproved forssted section about 49 acres, with about 500' of
riverfront access. She needs an ATV for us to ride, too.

time is free. Unfortunately, my wife has figured out the "my time
is free" concept so there are plenty of honeydo projects.

What do you charge her? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more>

I'm also welding up a "drop dolly" so I can roll a new 36" high (on
casters) tool chest under my 33" high bench.

That sounds like a very rewarding project. Putting heavy things on
wheels is one of my favorite things to do.

Man, I bet there are a bunch of wet, cold walleye fishers out there
today for the opener, but they might well catch some fish with
weather as lousy as it is. They'll earn 'em!

I'd like to bring home a nice steelhead sometime soon. Maybe I should
get a license and figure out what their run times are...

I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon)
----------------------------

  • Re: Results of the Great Evolutionist/ID Debate Thread
    ... but just get their signals. ... the "culture" of the Intelligent Designer. ... The Monty Python "Nudge nudge, ... wink wink" skit comes to mind: ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Whats your take on the Statement? - was[Re: Ray and other Republicans on the group]
    ... > one of those "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" moments when we all know what's ... The reactions of some people to this ... statement puts me in mind of the reaction to the Vancouver Police. ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: are you allowed to put dollar bills in strippers g strings?
    ... where you are (Vegas is *wink, wink, nudge, nudge about touching, ... meaning it's basically allowed and Niagara Falls Canada allows touching ... try to cop a feel as you do it. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: VE
    ... Voluptuous plants ain't exactly wot I 'ad in mind, mate, wink, ... wink, nudge, nudge. ... country outta the boy;-) ... Sad thing about the dinning ware is that it is designated the ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Sean Daly (A Cardinal in the Roman Catholic Church)
    ... So is it fair to label as 'depraved' those in the Health Board who took the decision to concede victory to Mina Bean Ui Chroibin? ... right wing Catholic organsiation that allegedly funded her. ... You gave me a link before about her but it was all nudge, nudge, wink, wink stuff with nobody named. ...
    (soc.culture.irish)