Help: silver left in cleaning dip too long

I goofed and forgot my about the necklace I left in the silver
cleaner.
Its a sterling silver necklace, and I just used the cleaner by
Sterling
Works. I left the necklace in for way too long and now the silver
isn't shiny anymore. It looks sort of matted. How can I fix this?
I read somewhere that it must be resilvered? How does that work?
Can someone give me some links about resilvering? Is there an
easier way to fix this?

Many thanks

  • Re: Help: silver left in cleaning dip too long
    ... Its a sterling silver necklace, and I just used the cleaner by ... Cut the bristles on say a new tooh brush down by about 1/8th in. ...
    (rec.crafts.jewelry)
  • Re: Help: silver left in cleaning dip too long
    ... Its a sterling silver necklace, and I just used the cleaner by ... How can I fix this? ... Cut the bristles on say a new tooh brush down by about 1/8th in. ...
    (rec.crafts.jewelry)
  • Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 and cleaning...
    ... Could someone please give me some advice on how to clean ... If the case is getting black because the silver is wearing off, ... liquid cleanser on a piece of cloth is OK - formula 409, ... Or use a vacuum cleaner, or take it apart and dust it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 and cleaning...
    ... silver that is wearing away and not dirt. ... If the case is getting black because the silver is wearing off, ... Or use a vacuum cleaner, or take it apart and dust it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Conn Perfected Wonder Cornet
    ... or just soap and water or other cleaner? ... after a true polish with Wright's or Brasso. ... Silver Mellophones that look fantastic now. ... I just used dishwashing soap as I didn't want to do anything stupid. ...
    (rec.music.makers.trumpet)