- From: stridex <stridex@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:34:04 GMT
So I've been brewing for almost a year and haver never used a secondary
fermenter. I usually primary ferment in a plastic bucket for 2 weeks. I
then prime and bottle. Initially, I tsated my bottled beer about once a
week to see how the taste changed over time (as I was learning). I found
that, for example, some IPA I brewed tasted absolutely fabulous after 4
months in the bottle. An Irish stout I brewed also tasted wonderful
after 5 months in the bottle.
I was wondering if secondary fermentation is something I should
consider. I use 6 gallon buckets for the primary fermentation.
- Prev by Date: Abita Jockamo IPA clone
- Next by Date: Re: anxious, virgin brewer here
- Previous by thread: Abita Jockamo IPA clone
- Next by thread: Re: Secondary fermentation