Re: Map of Denmark

"Ralphael1" <ambraja@xxxxxxx> skrev i en meddelelse
news:1151778614.957634.53050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mette wrote:

Thanks for the map. It is true that it is not very detailed, and it seems
that both Bob (and Viktor Sten) are thinking of a rather accurate
military
map.

Text snipped.

Hello Mette. It looks good to me but since I have never seen a map of
Denmark I do not know what the country is supposed to look like. I was
surprised to see that Denmark is not one piece of land and has several
islands.

Hi Ralph,
In that case you'll be surprised to learn that Denmark comprises some 700
(!) islands -- bigger or smaller, some only needleheads -- and that the only
land boundary (with Germany) is only 68 km.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/da.html#Geo

Mette
PS: The postfærge-stamps have winged their way to Florida today.

Ralphael, the OLD one

  • Re: Map of Denmark
    ... that both Bob are thinking of a rather accurate military ... Hello Mette. ... It looks good to me but since I have never seen a map of ... Denmark I do not know what the country is supposed to look like. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: TRip to Denmark
    ... Holiday houses in mid Sweden ... the map on the site shows Sweden close to Stockholm ... >>> On 13th August I am riding to Flen in Denmark. ...
    (uk.local.birmingham)
  • Re: Map of Denmark
    ... Mette wrote: ... Scandinavian map, which we bought from Amazon for our recent vacation trip to Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. ... But I am not inclined to buy a Michelin map only for scanning a small fragment of a fairly small island :-) I am looking for something I can have for free for the purpose, either online, or through our local library. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: Map of Denmark
    ... By the way, if you are interested by an old map of Denmark, before the war of Schleswig-Holstein, look at this one: ... This map is very usefull if you collect old postmarks from Denmark. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: Morning Watch Smoke; September 21, 2005
    ... > Norway is furthest west, ... > When you look at the map, you see that the northern part of Norway ... And here I was thinking that Greenland was a part of Denmark, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)