Re: Why the F mint mark on the gold buffalo coin?

<ltlee1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

There is a letter "F" beneath the "2007" on the obverse side.
The coins were struck by US mint at West point. Why "F"?

It's not a "mint mark". It's the designer's initial, the very same as it was on the
original buffalo nickel.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/nickel/index.cfm?action=Fraser

  • WRME does quarters!
    ... from the World Reserve Monetary Exchange, quote, ... that appeared in the Sunday, April 6, 2008 PARADE magazine for coins ... The representative's explanation was that the mint mark ... the quality of the picture. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: American Eagle Coin Sets
    ... with W mint mark and a "reverse proof" with P mint mark for $100.00 in a ... Essentially you are paying $57.00 for the reverse proof ... that coins increase in value over time. ... younger relatives (I don't have any kids myself and don't plan to but I ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: A little contest
    ... Each contains a penny, a nickel, a dime, quarter, 1/2 dollar, and a silver dollar..I could not see or find a mint mark on them.Thanking you for any information you can send..Mary Lou ... No mint mark on the coins says that this is probably a proof set from the ... contain a dollar coin, they must be from 1971 or later and would have the ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: A little contest
    ... > Thank you for the invitation..I have no idea what i am guessing on, ... What is the date on the coins? ... No mint mark on the coins says that this is probably a proof set from the ... contain a dollar coin, they must be from 1971 or later and would have the ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Mint marks -- hither, thither, and yon...
    ... fellow collectors and numismatic enthusiasts! ... I have the day off today and decided to grouse through some steelies here ... such a small number of coins, I have what I perceive as ... coins with the mint mark showing seven distinct placements. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)