Re: Stupid question: What year did Canada stop using silver in their coins

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:35:20 -0500, "James Higby"
<heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com> is alleged to have written:

>"Bruce H (BoxTurtle)" <boxturtlecoyote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Subject says it all.....I know I've asked this before, this time I
>> promise to write down.
>>
>> Bruce (Legibly)
>
>Last silver dollar and half dollar, 1967
>Last silver quarter and dime, 1968 (they switched to nickel mid-year, so two
>types that year)
>
>James

Thanks, all! I just got a ROLL of silver Canadian quarters from my
buddy at Shell.

Bruce (for $10)
ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.

  • Re: Irony lives: was/Re: "Vital National Interests"
    ... you value a silver dollar worth today? ... contained .77 ounces of silver per dollar (while of dollar of lesser ... you are almost at pinning a price, .77 ounces, times the spot price ... type "silver dollar 90%" in the search, ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Infamous Freedom Tower Silver Dollar - new virtual exhibit
    ... the "Freedom Tower Silver Dollar" coins and related items. ... Their marketing was "nefarious" enough that New York attorney general ... Elliot Spitzer banned sales of the coins and hit them with a big fine. ... The other issue was that they marketed it as a pure silver dollar made ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: After SHTF, how do you KNOW what is offered IS Gold?
    ... It isn't be true that every silver dollar is equal to ... dollar was never worth less than a dollar unless you beat it up so bad ... coins to the gov't and get new ones. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: 23rd century business names
    ... Kay Shapero wrote: ... Silver Nickel Saloon ... Hell, there was a "Silver Dollar" bar in Waterville, ME in the 1950s. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: After SHTF, how do you KNOW what is offered IS Gold?
    ... It isn't be true that every silver dollar is equal to ... coins to the gov't and get new ones. ... with their minimal signorage fee. ...
    (misc.survivalism)